We are currently accepting unsolicited manuscripts via electronic submission only. Please read the following guidelines.
We are currently closed to picture book submissions.
- Your manuscript should be typed and submitted via email – see the link below. The following formats are accepted: DOC (preferred), DOCX or RTF. Do not send submissions in any other format, including PDF, without prior discussion.
- Please be sure to include your name, address, phone number and email address on page one of your manuscript and in the header of your story. Also indicate the target audience.
- We much prefer to see actual samples of your work to query letters. Picture books should always be submitted in their entirety. Novels should be submitted as three (3) sample chapters (first three chapters preferred, but first two and one other may be sent) plus a synopsis (no more than two pages). Do not send in more than 40 pages. If we like your samples, we will send a request to see the rest of the manuscript.
- If you are submitting a picture book manuscript, you should be aware that it is not necessary for you to supply illustrations. Like most publishers, we prefer to match the art to the text. If you do submit illustrations with a manuscript, we may express interest in one but not the other. If you feel the two cannot be considered separately, please tell us in your cover letter.
- Although we accept simultaneous submissions, we would like you to let us know if you’ve sent your manuscripts to other publishers. If another publisher makes an offer while the manuscript is still under consideration at Books to Treasure, we ask that you inform us immediately so that it is removed from our system.
- Please allow 12 weeks for our reply.
Early readers: up to 3000 words
Chapter books and novels: minimum 3,000 words for illustrated chapter books; maximum 80,000 for YA readers